For best results, print the following result page for your records.
To print, submit the form and follow the link to the printable version of the page.
Donor & Associated Donor Definitions
An Associated Donor is NOT the legally defined donor, but is an individual or entity who should receive recognition by UCLA for a gift.
Donation check from Jane Smith Foundation. The Jane Smith Foundation is the donor while Jane Smith is the Associated Donor.
Donation check from XYZ corporation for employee John Doe's membership in the Bruin Gold Club. XYZ Corporation is the donor while John Doe is the Associated Donor.
IRS 8283 Form Information
Policy Administration requires a copy of an appraisal for gifts-in-kind valued over $5,000.00. In addition,
the IRS requires donors of such gifts to complete Form 8283
which must be signed by Gift Policy Administration (GPA).
Forward the appraisal copy and Form 8283 to GPA with the
original deed of gift and Regents Gift Transmittal.
Click here to load and print the Official IRS Form 8283.
All gifts, excluding gifts-in-kind, are subject to the 5%
Development Cost Recovery Fee. You have three options for
payment of the 5% fee:
- Let the gift be invested to earn 5%. Note that the gift
is not available for expenditure until it has fully earned
the 5%. At the current rate of 6%-7% for FY 96-97, your gift
will be available for expenditure in approximately 10-11 months
from the date of deposit. The gift will not appear on your ledger
until it has earned the 5%.
- Deduct 5% from the gift immediately. The remaining 95%
will be available for immediate expenditure. This option
is not available for gifts to endowment funds.
- Deduct the 5% fee from another unrestricted fund. 19900
and other state-supported funds cannot be used to pay the
California state law requires the completion of a Principal
Investigator's Statement of Economic Interests Form (700-U)
for each research gift of $280 or more from a business or
foundation. The researcher must complete the 700-U. Gifts
subject to the 700-U form will not be accepted until an
original 700-U is submitted to Gift Policy Administration.
Click here to load and print Form 700-U.